Saturday, November 25, 2017

It's the start of something new...

♫ It feels so right to be here with you ♫

So here we are. Wow this will be my third blog this year? Crazy. For many reasons, including the boring template I felt the push that this will be my last time posting with this URL. I know, you're devastated. Just kidding, you're probably not a sad as I am. I'm trying to push myself to being a better writer and catering to larger audiences and unfortunately I've outgrown this template. We've outgrown each other. This blog started off as a way to vent the various emotions I felt graduating high school and it's a bittersweet ending to end this story here. I am just about to graduate college. It feels absolutely full-circle. You are receiving bits and pieces of a 4 year story. It's like only reading the bold words in a chapter.

So where do we go from here?

I did say I want to keep writing. Because I do regret only offering bits and pieces of my life, I am pushing myself towards this new platform called Wix. I can fully continue discussing my mistrials and triumphs. This isn't honestly goodbye. It does make me sad. This is honestly where I began. I know it doesn't affect you as much as it affects me, but I think this blog has helped me discover and nourish my love for writing. It has been my emotional diary and sometimes my emotional punching bag.

So what can we both expect from new beginnings?

We can expect more posts. I fully neglected this love for various reasons and I would always blame it on time. Time itself, is not at fault. I could've put down the last episode of Real Housewives of New York or Gossip Girl etc. etc. etc. I chose not. I'll make smarter decisions, I promise.

We can expect pictures. Wait? You're an actual person? Yes I am. I have various shameless selfies and I think photography might enhance our interaction. Hopefully. I look forward to getting more readers or less. Not sure how big I can make my platform. I'd really be content with a 100 reads per blog which is less than I'm getting now. As I said, "Keep on keepin' on."

We can expect poetry, as I say goodbye to you, I say goodbye to brilliantideals.blogspotcom . We didn't have a long run there either, but it will be missed as well.

I'm launching an Instagram poetry blog I need to be more consistent with so please follow me on there when the link is posted. I like anonymity, but this world no longer caters to anonymous artists we are trained too much like the FBI. Our interest would be deflated if we couldn't figure out each others social media.

SO TO THE POINT...

I don't want this goodbye to be so... hollow.  So here's my advice, to you and well myself. Would this be my blog if I didn't advise myself as well. Anyways, it's time for all of us to take charge of our own narratives. Not in the sense of picking up a pen and paper and writing a story, but making smart decisions in our lives that lead us closer to our goals.

Says the college girl writing this blog with multiple assignments that are due next week and listening to the new Pink album, because let's face it I work best under pressure (or not).

I guess as I am currently up against a rock and a hard wall making decisions that will impact me 25 years from now, I advise you and of course myself that you make decisions that will lead you towards your happiness and towards your goal. Don't let what people say ever hold you back.

I think I sort of touched base with this in my last couple blogs, but it's so important to reiterate this. It's easy to lose track of who you are and what you want. Yet, if you're like me and don't know what you want. Well, I hope you're surrounded by people who truly want what's best for you. I'm not saying to allow people to tell you what to do. That's up to you. Often times, people give us advice and we don't listen. Especially when the people who listen are a lot older, we tend to drown them out. I want you to challenge yourself to do something different.

Ask your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, professor, teacher, guidance counselor, even employer what their biggest life lesson is. I promise you everyone will have different responses and you can compile them. However, my biggest advice is to pray or meditate. If you're in a phase where you can't pray for yourself, ask others to pray for you. God will lift up their prayers for you. If you don't believe in anything then meditate or write.

The past week I haven't had my phone, so I've been really forced to listen to people. Like actually listen. Not that halfway listening where you pull out your phone and scroll through your feed. Crazy right? Listening and not reading words off your screen exists. I was dumbfounded too. Anyways enough with my sarcasm.

Maybe I'll come back with some Bible verses, maybe I won't....

Also full disclosure, all drafts (within reason) will become published on blogger so you may wanna go back and read some more.

This isn't goodbye.... to new beginnings reader.....

Catch me here:
MY NEW WIX BLOG: https://thesleeplesswriter.wixsite.com/jackie


twitter.com/jackielovedyou
instagram.com/writingforclosure (solely poetry).
instagram.com/whenharrymetjackie (solely me, shameless selfies, some of my friends).

MY LIFESTYLE BLOG WITH REBEKAH:

instagram.com/jayandjaye




No comments:

Post a Comment